Project Type: Kitchen + Dining Room Renovation
Neighborhood: Old Town, Chicago
Home Type: Single Family Home
Timeline: 10 weeks
This single-family home that we worked on in Chicago’s Old Town neighborhood came through to us via a referral. We had previously completed a project on a neighboring property and they recommended IRPINO Construction to our client. For this particular project, we undertook a complete first-floor renovation including kitchen and flooring.
For this project, we:
- Incorporated custom millwork including crown molding and wainscoting;
- Installed custom shelving;
- Installed custom cabinetry that was sourced from Studio41;
- Installed a large peninsula with quartz countertops, a waterfall edge, and a breakfast bar with seating;
- Installed a backsplash;
- Completely painted the first floor and touched up the walls and ceiling with some plaster and primer.
Why was this project unique?
- We removed the entire first floor, leveled it (which in some places, was a difference of up to 4”), and then rebuilt a completely new ¾” CDX solid plywood subfloor;
- We used 7” wide vinyl plant waterproof flooring;
- Installed and wrapped a support beam with custom walnut millwork and installed custom walnut shelving;
- Updated all electrical and plumbing;
- A complete reconfiguration of the kitchen layout to better suit the needs of our client/family;
- Helped improve the lighting on the first floor with the installation of LED recessed lighting and pendant lighting;
The end result? A brighter, open-concept kitchen and dining space that has a modern, refreshed look and feel to it.
Looking to remodel your Chicago kitchen? IRPINO Construction is your one-stop-shop for all your kitchen remodeling needs in Chicago. Our experienced team is ready to transform your space into the bathroom of your dreams!
Let’s get talking – contact us now or by calling (773) 525-7345.